Look at the chart in this post for my rankings of the 10 Best Fishing Rods.
First here is a brief introduction for anyone not very familiar with various fishing rods.
Fishing rods form an essential part of regular fishing gears and the choice of rod used for fishing determines the outcome of your fishing experience. A Fishing rod is a long, pole-shaped fishing accessory that is used to assist in casting and reeling-in fishing lines. They act as a flexible lever, allowing anglers to pull heavy fishes out of the water in a safe and secure manner. Fishing rods are made up of many different materials including steel, graphite, bamboo, fiberglass and wood.
Having a good quality fishing rod is essential for catching the type of fish that you target. The fishing location also determines the type of rod to use. A classic example is using a heavy-duty corrosion-resistant fishing rod for deep – sea fishing as compared to using a simpler rod for the lake – fishing. Fishing rods vary significantly in size, and it is advisable that your fishing rod complements your size and arm strength: the longer the fishing rod, the more arm strength is required to maneuver it.
The main types of fishing rods are as follows:
these rods measure up to 4.2 m in length and are the longest of all fishing rods. They are very heavy rods and are most useful for bigger catches.
Game Fishing Rods:
as their name suggests, these rods are most adequate for deep – sea game fishing. They are very thick, durable and less flexible and are conducive for catching big fishes.
Carbon Fiber Rods:
these are state of the art fishing rods that can be used for coarse fishing.
these rods employ the same mechanism of handheld telescopes: they can be collapsed into a short rod for storage and then be extended at the time of fishing.
these rods are commonly available and can be employed for nearly all types of fishing. Spinning rods are robust and can tolerate aggressive fishing.
Trout Fishing Rods:
these are lighter rods that are usually made of fiberglass or even granite. They are commonly utilized in trout fishing.
these rods are used mainly on commercial fishing vessels. They are capable of handling strong sea currents and large baits. They are made of heavy-duty, robust materials.
these are commonly used for freshwater fishing. The three types of fly rods are graphite, bamboo, and fiberglass fly rods.
these rods are a union of different rods and share characteristics of telescopic rods, fly rods, and carbon rods.
these include ice- fishing rods, bass-rods, crappie rods, boat rods and more. Some of these are versions of the other types of rods aforementioned.
Ten Of The Very Best!
Many rods are available on the market and vary based upon their manufacturers and their material composition, among other characteristics. Ten of the very best fishing rods on the market are as follows:
(1) Shakespeare Two-Piece Medium Action Ugly Stik Spinning Rod: This is a light-weight and durable rod with graphite twist-lock reel seats. This rod is also equipped with chrome-plated stainless steel wire frame guides.
(2) Eagle Claw Pack-It Telescopic Spinning Rod: this rod is made of durable glass and ceramic guides. It comes equipped with EVA foam handles and a 1-year warranty seal.
(3) Shakespeare Telescoping Spinning Rod: this rod is commonly known for its high quality and for being extremely portable. It features robust graphite reel seats and stainless steel guides. As the name suggests, this rod is telescopic and has a collapsed length of 15 inches, hence its ease of portability.
(4) Shimano FXC 2 Piece Casting Rod: this rod is made of durable aero glass reinforced by aluminum oxide guides for a smooth flow of lines. This rod also comes with an EVA foam – grip handle and Solid locking graphite reel seat.
(5) Shimano Solora 2 Piece Spinning Rod: this rod features a durable aero glass blank construction with Solid locking graphite reel seat. It is further reinforced with aluminum oxide guides and carries a 1-year seal of warranty.
(6) Shimano FXS 2 Piece Spinning Rod: this rod comes with 1-year limited warranty; it features a durable aeroglass blank construction, reinforced with aluminum oxide guides and comfortable EVA handles.
(7) Shakespeare Medium Action Travel Mate Spinning Rod: this travel friendly rod breaks down into six pieces for easy portability. It features stainless steel guides and a twist – lock graphite reel seat.
(8) Shimano Sojourn 1-Piece Spin Rod: this medium-power, fast – action rod features a graphite composite rod blank. It is known for being light weight and durable. It comes equipped with aluminum oxide guides and sealed with a 1- year warranty.
(9) TFO Pro Special Fly Rod – 4 Piece: this rod is a masterpiece that features a graphite composite blank with an anodized aluminum reel seat and a premium-grade cork handle. It is a very light weight rod and it is backed by lifetime warranty.
(10) Okuma Celilo Graphite Spinning Rod: this rod, although a bit heavier than the others, consists of a sensitive graphite blank with aluminum oxide guide inserts. It also features fore and rear cork grips and Stainless Steel Hooded Reel Seats. A 1-year seal of warranty is issued with this rod.
Top Four Winning Fishing Rods
TFO Pro Special Fly Rod – 4 Piece
Shimano Sojourn 1-Piece Spin Rod
Shakespeare Two-Piece Medium Action Ugly Stik Spinning Rod
Okuma Celilo Graphite Spinning Rod