Weighing the pros and cons, it is apparent that ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2 Tent will prove to be an excellent choice. It has more than enough room for two campers.
If you are looking for a tough tent that can tackle adverse weather conditions, one of the options that can be taken into consideration would be the ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2 Tent. It is built with durability and comfort in mind, making it provide the best value for money. This might not be a cheap tent, but it can offer the best bang for the buck given its functionality. Whether it is a sunny or rainy day in the campsite, you got a friend in the form of this tent.
ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2 Tent Features
Three Pole Design
The tent is designed with three poles that make the setup a lot easier compared to other tents you can find in the market.
This is highly contributory in increasing the ability of the tent to resist water when it is raining, providing you with the guarantee of staying dry.
The fly can be easily attached to be sure that water will be kept out of the tent. When it is not raining, you can have it easily removed.
At night, the mesh ceiling can provide an excellent view of the stars hovering on the sky. During the day, however, this can be helpful in allowing air to get inside to have better ventilation.
The two vestibules that are integrated in the tent allows it to offer extra weather protection.
- Roomy Interior: While this tent is advertised as being good for only two people, if there is a need, you can fit up to three people with average size. Even at such capacity, you will not end up being cramped. When two persons are inside the tent, it is very roomy and there is space available for the gears.
- Excellent Ventilation: Nothing can be more uncomfortable than not having air circulate inside the tent. You might end up feeling like in a steam room. With such, the ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2 Tent offers the perfect solution as it has mesh ceiling and walls. This will allow air to come in to keep the temperature comfortable. When it is raining, you can have it covered with the included rainfly.
- Ease of Setup: With the three lightweight poles, the setup of the tent can prove to be a breeze. There is no need to have extensive technical knowledge to complete its assembly. If you have not pitched a tent before, you might need some time, but it still would not be as complicated as against pitching other tents.
- Two Doors: Many of the tents available are designed with a single door, even if they can accommodate eight to ten people. Surprisingly, this 2-person tent has two doors. There is no need to be bothered when your tent mate wakes up at the middle of the night to go out.
- Excellent Quality to Cost Ratio: This may not be the cheapest tent that you can find. However, it surely offers excellent ratio of quality relative to cost. At its price point, its quality is comparable to those that are found in the higher end of the market. This only proves that you do not have to spend a fortune to enjoy superior quality.
- Compact Size: It is also worth noting that this tent comes in a conveniently small size. You can have it snapped on your backpack, unlike other bulky tents. This makes it an excellent choice for a backpacking tent.
- Ceiling Storage: At its size, the tent comes with a small hammock-like area by the ceiling, which can provide you with additional storage space.
- Prone to Water Penetration: There are some users who noted that even if there is a rainfly, there are times wherein they experience water penetration inside the tent. The water that comes in originates from the floor, which is not reached by the included rainfly.
- Small Vestibules: While the vestibule is highlighted as an excellent feature, in reality, many campers find its size to be too small, and hence it can fit only limited things. This should not be too much of a problem as long as you make sure that you pack light for your camping trip.
Weighing the pros and cons, it is apparent that ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2 Tent will prove to be an excellent choice. It has more than enough room for two campers. The addition of two vestibules and small ceiling storage gave it plus points. More so, the three-pole design is also a game-changer, not only in terms of making the tent more robust against extreme weather conditions, but also because it makes it effortless to setup. It also has a compact size. It is small enough to be fitted in a backpack, making it easy to bring wherever you intend to go camping.